Sunday, September 21, 2014

Chapter 1 - Where Am I?

“I don’t know.  I don’t know how I got here,” was all I could say, regrettably.

   The couple looked at each other.

   “Well, then, what’s the last thing you remember?” Sam asked.

   Okay, that was easier.

   “Sleeping, I was sleeping in my bed,” I answered.

   “In California,” Mrs. Egan added.

   “Yes,” I affirmed.

   “And then?” Sam prodded me.

   “And then I was here,” I feebly explained.

   Sam squirmed in his seat, uncomfortably,   “You don’t recall anything else in between?

   “No.”

    They just stared at me until I thought to add, “Sir”. 

   “Your family must be looking for you,” Sarah surmised.

   “My family aren’t around.” 

     I left it at that.

   “Oh, I’m sorry,” she said apologetically.

   “There’s no one who might be looking for you?” Sam rephrased.

    I just sat speechless, afraid to expand on much more.


   “No, no one,” I frowned then added, “sir.”

No comments:

Post a Comment