Monday, September 15, 2014

Chapter 1 - Where Am I?

I found a slip of blank paper in the nightstand drawer beside my bed and a flat, square pencil.  This is difficult to write with.  I am writing (as best I can) my first diary entry.  Perhaps one day I can get a real diary if I am here for awhile.   But where am I?  Barlow, Arizona, I’m told.  In the year 1877!


     Ok.  I’m either dreaming, dead, or gone crazy.  All I remember is sleeping in my bed and suddenly realizing that I was not lying in my bed anymore but on what felt like hard earth that nicely warmed my back.  I felt intense heat on my face:  a sudden change from the chilled air I was breathing only a moment before.  It was December where I came from and I was snug under my heavy, wool blanket my Granny had made me.  It holds in body heat good.  I WISH I HAD IT HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment